Are you Carbon Monoxide Safe?

Many states around the country are enacting laws for the protection against carbon monoxide.  Kansas is not one of those states. But they should be!  Here’s why:

1. Carbon monoxide is a colorless & odorless gas that is created when combustible appliances (furnace, water heater, gas ovens) do not completely use all the gas being supplied to it.

2. MANY people die each year because one of their appliances began to malfunction and they died in their sleep because of the carbon monoxide.

3. Humans cannot detect they are being overcome by carbon monoxide until many times it’s too late.

4. Early warning systems saves lives and are worth the investment to protect your family!

We can install any type of CO or smoke detectors you need! Call or email for new pricing on battery powered units, plug-in units, and direct wire combination smoke and CO detectors.  Installation for most units will be quick and simple, and give you peace of mind knowing your family is protected. Most states recommend you install one combination Smoke/CO detector within 15 feet of sleeping rooms, and 20 feet of any gas-fed appliance.  Most homes only need 2-3 detectors.  If you have one already and it’s at least 5 years old, it’s time to replace it.

 Wichita Handyman has a great selection of detectors for you to choose from — from battery operated units, plug-in units, and direct-wire into the existing smoke detectors!

We also know times are hard right now, but we also want your family to be safe.  Contact us to make sure you have what you need and to get the best pricing available!  Fill out the contact form or feel free to give us a call. We have had lots of calls lately about beeping detectors, and detectors going off. It’s very important that you have us come and inspect those for you to ensure it’s working properly. Don’t be caught off guard by the silent and deadly gas!

A friend of ours called just the other day and told us their carbon monoxide detector in their apartment went off and called the apartment complex office and notified them about it.  The office told them it was no big deal and not worry about it!! Our friends called the fire department and the firemen told them if they had gone to bed and ignored it like the office told them, they would be dead.  DON’T BE A VICTIM. Do what you have to do to be safe.