Fall is upon us, and the winter weather will quickly be here too!
Do you have everything done around your house before it gets too cold? I’ve already been getting requests to clean gutters and fix some leaks, exterior carpentry repair and sealing, and weather strips around doors and windows. Sound familiar to you? Now’s the time to get that stuff fixed before the snow starts.
Did you know…..
- Gutters full of leaves that get packed down with rain and snow can cause not only leaks, but worse problems if that water ruins the wood trim or your siding. Moisture problems like that also invite termites and fungus.
- Lots of cold air is allowed in around places you don’t know about. I can help you determine where the leaks are coming from and get them sealed up to save you lots of money this winter.
- Having a programmable thermostat can also reduce your energy bills by allowing you to turn down the heat when you’re not home, but have it nice and toasty just before you arrive. I’ll install one and show you how easy it can be.
- By using your ceiling fan in reverse mode, it helps re-distribute the heat sitting near the ceiling back into the room and reduces the amount of heat you have to pour into the house to stay warm. Want to replace a plain light with a ceiling fan? I’ve had several requests recently, so get on the list to get it done!
- Have a gas fireplace? Turn off the pilot and don’t use it!! Unless you have a blower on it to help distribute the heat, or it’s an extremely small room, it costs waaaay more to run those than to just turn up the heat on the furnace! I’ll be glad to talk with you more about it, or help you turn off the pilot. Just call!
No matter your project this fall, I’ll be glad to help you with all of your needs. Usually around this time of year business starts to slow down a little. Not here! I’m still booking at least several weeks in advance.